DR. KAMAL GOGOI CENTRAL LIBRARY (KGCL):
The Dr. Kamal Gogoi Central Library (KGCL), Moridhal College that collectively support the teaching, learning and extension service of the Institute. All students, faculty and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities. The Library has over 1800+ registered members. It has a total floor area of 5,500 sq. feet, with a provision for a separate reading section can accommodate more than 120 faculty and students. The library subscribes to 68 journals in different subjects and Periodicals / Magazines of general taste and 07 Newspapers, i.e. The Times of India, The Hindu E-Edition, The Assam Tribune, Asomiya Pratidin, Dainik Janambhumi, Agradoot (bi-weekly)
LIBRARY HOURS: The Library remains open throughout the year except on Holidays declared by Dibrugarh University. The Library remains open on Summer Vacation and Winter Vacation. Time: 9.00 AM to 4.30PM. The timings for issuing the books from the Library are from 12 Noon to 4 p.m. during weekdays. The books may be returned back during 9 AM to 12 Noon only. 4 Books for Degree Students and 2 books are issued to Students of HS Classes. A maximum of 2 of books are issued at a time per day. The Central Library also has 1,303 e-textbooks for the students and the same are accessible in the campus through Digital library Intranet site http://192.168.1.99/
The Dr. Kamal Gogoi Central Central Library, Moridhal College has a strong collection pertaining to Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Languages, Physical & Basic Sciences, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Computer and Information Technology etc.
Video Library: The Library has a collection of CDs on Ecology, Environment and Disaster Management and other E_resources.
Reference Collection: The Library maintains a separate reference collections consisting of Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks, Technical Data, Maps, Atlases, Bibliographies, etc. Now the Library has 367 nos. Encyclopaedias.
ELECTRONIC JOURNALS AND ONLINE BIBLIOGRAPHIC DATABASES: The College has access over 2,000+ full-text electronic journals and Bibliographic databases under N-LIST Programme.
E-Resources@N-LIST: The Consortium subscribes to the following resources for the college. All electronic resources subscribed under N-LIST Programme are available from the publisher's Web site.
|American Institute of Physics (18 titles)|
|Annual Reviews (33 titles)|
|Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (1 titles)|
|Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (1 titles)|
|Indian Journals (180+ titles)||https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/|
|Institute of Physics (46 titles)|
|JSTOR (2500+ titles)|
|Oxford University Press (206 titles)|
|Royal Society of Chemistry (29 titles)|
|H. W. Wilson (3000+ titles)|
|Cambridge University Press (224 titles) [2010-2016]|
|Cambridge Books Online (1800 titles)|
|EBSCoHost-Net Library (936 titles)|
|Hindustan Book Agency (65+ titles)|
|Institute of South East Asian Studies (ISEAS) Books (382+ titles)|
|Oxford Scholarship (1402+ titles)|
|Springer eBooks (2300 titles)||https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/|
|Sage Publication eBooks (1000 titles)|
|Taylor Francis eBooks (1800 titles)|
|Myilibrary-McGraw Hill (1124 titles)|
|World -ebooks Library (30,00,000 titles)|
|South Asia Archive (though NDL)|
REFERENCE COLLECTIONS : LIST OF PLATEFORMS FOR E_BOOKS:
➢For Autobiography please click INFOPLEASE https://www.infoplease.com/
➢For Wikipedia Click WIKIPEDIA https://www.wikipedia.org/
➢For Encyclopaedia of Bangladesh Click BANGLAPEDIA https://www.banglapedia.org/
➢For Almanac Please Click https://www.refseek.com/directory/almanacs.html
➢To Know about Tourism TOURISM https://tourism.gov.in/
➢To Know University Worldwide UNIVERSITY https://univ.cc/
➢British National Bibliography BNB http://search.bl.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=BLBNB
➢Indian National Bibliography http://www.crlindia.gov.in/
➢World Fact of CIA CIA-FACT https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/
➢For Biographical Dictionary BIOGRAPHICAL DICT https://www.biography.com/
➢For Geographical Dictionary GEOGRAPHY DICT https://www.geographic.org/
➢To Know about International Organizations ORGANIZATION https://www.crwflags.com/
➢For Thesaurus Click THESAURUS https://www.thesaurus.com/
➢For Maps of World Click WORLD MAPS https://www.mapsofworld.com/
➢For Maps of India INDIA MAPS https://www.mapsofindia.com/
➢For Textbooks Click TEXTBOOK https://studentpirgs.org/
➢To know about Travel, Cuisine etc of India https://www.incredibleindia.org/
➢For Travel Guidance FODORS INDIA https://www.fodors.com/
UGC / INFLIBNET / NAAC / IGNOU / Dibrugarh University / Directorate of Distance Education, DU / Gauhati University / IDOL / KKH (State Open University)
Links to these electronic journals and E-Books are available through the Link: https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/ as well as the Digital Library Web OPAC. Regarding password & or any other help feel free to contact with the Librarian.
ELECTRONIC BOOKS: The Institute has access to electronic books from the following publishers: Students & Teachers can access the eBooks from the portal www.asapglobe.com Arts & Science Academic Publisher. Kindly login before accessing the eBooks
Password: for password please contact with the librarian.
LIST OF EBOOKS CAN ACCESS THROUGH ONLINE:
1. Caste, Occupation and Social Transformation : A Study of Artisans of Punjab by Manjot Kaur
2. Challenges of Contemporary India by Dr Hemlata Singh, Dr Rajkumar Singh
3. Good Governance and Coalition Politics (PDP-Congress in Jammu & Kashmir) by M.M. Khajooria
4. Inter-state conflicts and contentious issues in south asia : Challenges Prospects for Saarc by Emanual Nahar
5. Local Governance in India : Experiences after the Constitutional Amendments by E. Venkatesu
6. Right To Information by Dr. Shailesh N Hadli
7. Rural Development In India : Policies and Programmes by Abdul Azeez NP and S. M. Jawed Akhtar
8. Social Exclusion and Discrimination with Weaker Sections of Society : An Inclusive Policy by Emanual Nahar
9. Career Planning Resources : A Comprehensive Guide by Stephen Touthang
10. Inorganic Chemistry by Dr. Raj Pal Tyagi
11. Social Problems in India by N.G. Pendse and Sukanta Sarkar
12. Curriculum and Modern Teaching Methods by Dr. Shobhana P. Saoji
13. New Literatures in English by Dr. Ram Sharma
14. Physical Chemistry by Dr. T. Veera Reddy
15. Variegated Narratives of Indian English Fiction by G.A. Ghanshyam, Prasanta Chakraborty
16. Education Power in 21st Century by Girgaonkar B.G.
17. Wonders and Splendours in Indian Fiction in English by P. Gopichand, P. Nagasuseela
18. Booker's Books in India (A Study of Four Booker Prize Winning Novels by Indian Novelists) by K.K. Singh
19. Contemporary Indian English Drama: Canons and Commitments by Dr. Beena Agarwal
20. Indigenous People's Struggles For Self by Prakash Louis
21. Perspectives on Indian Drama in English: Splenderous Reality by P. Gopichand, P. Nagasuseela
22. A Spectrum of Indian Fiction in English by P. Gopichand & P. Nagasuseela
23. Decentralized Governance And Panchayati Raj by K.K. Srivastava
24. Literature and Literary Theory by D.N. Sinha
25. Paradigm Shift in Indian English Literature : Literature: From Local to Global by Dr. Malti Agarwal, Beena Agarwal
26. Reseach Methodology by P. Sam Deniel
27. Studies in Modern Indian English Novels by Krishna Kant Singh
28. Gandhian Philosophy in A New Dimensions by Jainendra Yadav
29. Higher Education: Quality And Management by S.M. Paul Khurana
30. Indian English Poetry : A Discovery by C.L. Khatri, Sudhir K. Arora
31. Bhagvat Geeta: Drops of Nectar by R.K.N. Bali
32. Dimensions of Education by Akbar Hussain, Noraini Idris
33. Higher Education Today And Tomorrow by Umrao Singh Chaudhari
34. Advances in Inorganic Chemistry by K.R. Desai
35. Climate Change And International Politics by Narottam Gaan
36. Past Present And Future of Kashmir by Dr. Rajkumar Singh
37. Dictionary of Physical Chemistry by N.K. Rastogi
38. Indian Foreign Policy and Its Neighbours by Dhiraj Shrivastava
39. Caste System In India: A Historical Perspective by Ekta Singh
40. Effective Methods of Teaching by K. Mehrotra
41. Communication Media And Social Changes by Ramesh Chandra
42. Encyclopaedia of Primitive Tribes In India, Vol.1 by P.K. Mohanty
43. Encyclopaedia of Primitive Tribes In India, Vol.2 by P.K. Mohanty
44. Understanding Evolution of Man: An Introduction To Palaeoanthropology by P.K. Seth
45. Changing Face of Poverty And Globalisation by G.P. Isser, Ifs
46. Indian Anthropology by S. Narayan.
1,303 Electronics Books and Old Question Papers are available in the Digital Library which can accessible throughout the campus. Students can download the eBooks with their Mobile, Laptop & Tablets for their study.
COMPUTER AND NETWORKING FACILITIES:
The College have the 6 mbps pure Internet Lease Line (ILL) from the jio service provider connected with campus LAN & Wi-Fi. The College has over 88 PCs and Four (4) Server (i.e. 1. SOUL, 2. D-Space, 3. Computer Lab & 4. ICT Lab) spread over the entire Campus connected with LAN & Wi-Fi including Library. The College is a part of Jio optic-based campus Wi-Fi. Students can avail 1 GB free data from JIO Wi-Fi. As a member of the INFLIBNET, the users can freely accessible of e-Journals, e-Books & databases. The Digital Library Home Page provides links to the INFLIBNET & other important links.
COMPUTERIZATION OF IN_HOUSE ACTIVITIES OF LIBRARY:
All in-house activities in the Library including Acquisition, Cataloguing and Circulation are fully computerized using SOUL Software. The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) of the Library is operational on Intranet. It can be accessed online to search more than 25,000 bibliographic records, available in the Library database through a window client on Intranet throughout the campus. The editing and updating activities of databases are done on regular basis. These databases includes: Database of Ph.D. theses, articles published by the faculty from time to time. The Library uses bar-code technology for computerized circulation system. Every document in the Library bears a bar-code tag that facilitates identication of document and the borrower in the circulation process. Similarly, all categories of users have a bar-coded Member Cards. The Library has developed in-house facility for bar coding of books and Member cards.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES:
The Library provides assistance to its users ranging from location of a book to finding specific information required by a user. A suggestion cum complain box is maintained in the Library, where the users of the Library can suggest measures for improvements in its facilities and services.
Students need to furnish their fee receipt and the college Identity Card to become a member of the library. The library offers yearly membership, which is renewed subject to annual clearance. The Library members, according to their borrowing category can borrow stipulated number of books at a time against their bar-coded Member card. The library card is non- transferable.
The Library provides photocopying facility within its premises at low cost.
TEXT BOOKS FACILITIES:
The text books are most useful collection of the library especially for course/syllabus related reading. This section has approximately 14,000+ syllabus related text books. The books for this section are purchased generally on the recommendations from different faculty members through the concerned Heads of the Department.